We welcome all applicants who meet the membership requirements. The U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps will never discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin or disability. It is very important to us to promote a culture of inclusion in our Sea Cadet family.
Which program is for you? Click on the images below to learn more details about each.
Enrollment Requirements for All Applicants:
In order to join the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps, applicants must meet the following:
- Be between the ages of 10 and 17
- Must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States. If an applicant is a foreign national with permanent residency status, they must present their Permanent Resident Card (“Green Card”) at the time of enrollment. In some cases, applicants who are dependent children of foreign diplomats or military in the U.S. on exchange assignment may be considered for enrollment; all such waiver requests must be approved.
- Be a full time student and maintain satisfactory grades (2.00 “C” GPA)
- Be free of felony convictions
- Be willing to follow orders and learn new things
Medical Exam – A medical examination, similar to a high school sports physical, is required for all cadet applicants to join the Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) or Navy League Cadet Corps (NLCC). No one will be denied admission to the NSCC/NLCC due to a medical disability. Where a medical condition precludes full and unlimited participation, a Request for Accommodation may be presented by the parent or guardian for review, so the cadet may participate in NSCC activities to the maximum extent possible. WE DO ACCEPT SCHOOL SPORTS PHYSICAL FORMS FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM!
How to join – We have three ways you can join the Palm Beach Division.
- Call the CO or XO directly to speak with them and arrange an invitation to attend a preliminary interview. Our Commanding Officer [CO] will meet with each prospective candidate and parents for an informal meeting to share information about the unit’s activities and requirements. At this meeting, the CO will ensure the family understands both the opportunities and commitments of being involved in the US Naval Sea Cadet program. Contact information is available on the Officer and Staff page here.
- Attend an open house orientation at your local school or other meeting location. We have an orientation meeting every 3 months. Check our Facebook page for times and locations when announced.
- You can fill out the information request form below for us to contact you and arrange a preliminary interview.
If you decide to join, the USNSCC requires the forms below to be filled out by all applicants and brought with you when you visit
the unit. The Cadet Application forms can be used for BOTH Sea Cadet and League Cadet applicants.
Click and Save files, open to fill them out, then print, sign and date. Forms are formatted to enter all your information on your computer using Microsoft Word or similar word processor software.
|Cadet Member Application||Adult Volunteer Application|
|Chart Your Course Information Brochure||Sea Cadet Information Brochure|
Complete the form below to have one of our Staff Officers contact you
Fields with an * are required
OUR WEB FORM IS CURRENTLY DOWN, PLEASE USE THE “CONTACT US” PAGE TO REQUEST MORE INFO